RSS

Implications of Today’s Historic Supreme Court Ruling and Plea To Us All

30 Mar

kenyaflag

In Implications of Today’s Supreme Court Ruling published in the Star today, I offer my views as to what the implications of today’s historic Supreme Court ruling are and urge us all to accept the decision whether we agree with it or not.

Here is an except:

To this end, it’s preferable that the court reaches a unanimous decision whichever way the consensus of the court goes as to the merits of the petition challenging the presidential results announced by IEBC.

Such an outcome may not guarantee or shield the court from criticism or condemnation from those who may not agree with it, but it would certainly go a long way in reducing the number of those so inclined to so condemn or criticise to a negligible minimum more akin to the village madman or woman every village must have—and that will be great for the country, given the concomitant reduction in divisiveness flowing from it.

The voters spoke on March 4, the Supreme Court has now spoken as to the finality of what the voters said is.

Let’s all respect that, whether we agree with the decision or not and hope we now have this mess behind us and more importantly, that in the next general election, we shall have a competent, incorruptible and independent electoral commission which can conduct credible, open and transparent elections whose outcome reflects the will of the people going to the polls and therefore avoid all these bitter disputes and moments of great anxiety and conflict.

Advertisements

14 Comments

Posted by on March 30, 2013 in Politics

Tags: , , , , ,

14 responses to “Implications of Today’s Historic Supreme Court Ruling and Plea To Us All

1. Ng'oa nanga

March 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Bwana Omwenga,

I must be one of the half dozen people pay any attention to your posts. I will grant that you are committed to your cause, but enthusiasm is no substitute for clear headed thinking and astute analysis.

I can imagine you spend a great deal of time writing for your blog. Could this be why you no longer practice law in Maryland? Whatever the case, reading your musings is nearly as much a chore for me as writing them must be time consuming for you. It is not just the fact that your work is riddled with grammatical errors. Graver by far is that on virtually every call you’ve made, including today’s SC ruling, you’ve been wrong.

As a writer, you just might, with proper training, correct your grammar’s numerous (elementary) flaws. As a social commentator, your outlook, I’m afraid, is much more bleak. Where’s the cure for lack of common sense? Where’s the vaccine for a self-regarding fool who can’t ever seem to know the right time to sit down and shut up?

Find a new line of work. Or go back to your old one in Maryland. Please do yourself a favor and stop making predictions. Please!

2. Ng'oa nanga

March 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Oops. First line missing the word “who”…..

• Samuel N. Omwenga

March 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM

First of all it’s comical besides pointing out the futility of your whining about grammatical errors in my blogs I never edit when your post itself has grammatical and substantive errors.

I am certain you are incapable of figuring what those are as you’ve only caught one upon re-reading your own post but it’s such a trivial matter relative to what I do I wouldn’t waste any more time addressing that particular whining.

As for the rest of your whining, it’s not exactly moronic to think or assume one can leave the practice of law to “write for a blog” as there are many who do that and get six figure incomes from doing just that but it’s in the context one says this that makes it moronic or not.

I’ll let others determine for themselves which is which here.

Btw, I have put the phrase in quote above as such as a hint for one of your other substantive errors.

It’s good to know you’ve followed my blogging last 20 years and come to the conclusion that I have been wrong in “every call I have made.”

There is one little problem with that conclusion; it’s wrong and if in doubt, check with Mudavadi, Miguna or even Chief Justice Mutunga himself.

I am deliberately not responding to the useless assertions at the end of your post.

• Ng'oa nanga

March 31, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Wow!

For someone who loves presenting himself as a public intellectual, you are thin-skinned. I’m OK with that. What I have a problem with is you thinking that, like your tiny following, I’m so stupid I’ll buy your patently absurd claim that your blog makes six figures.

Unless, of course, that amount is in Uganda shillings.

People who make a comfortable living off their blogs are normally supported by ads that run on their them, or by paying subscribers, or some combination thereof.

You have no ads running on your blog. No company would be stupid enough to advertise here.

You have no paying subscribers. No one is dumb enough to pay money to read your rubbish.

You therefore do not make six figures.

You are therefore not just a lousy prognosticator, but a liar as well.

A bad liar.

Is there anything you have the brains to do right?

• Ng'oa nanga

March 31, 2013 at 3:01 AM

You also said that you never edit your blogs. What a thing to say!

So you write these loooong assed posts, and without bothering to check for mistakes, you just post them.

Right there, you confirmed my initial impression on when i had the misfortune of encountering your work, namely, that you are NOT attentive to details. You see, old man, not everyone who thinks clearly writes clearly, but everyone who writes clearly DOES think clearly.

Clear thinking comes follows from a well organized mind. Clear writing is proof of a disciplined mind. You are neither well organized nor disciplined.

Minding the small, subtle details is not you strength, no? Yes? Like, you know, reading your work and proofing mistakes before you post?

Imbecile!

• Ng'oa nanga

March 31, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Damn iPad and autocorrect……it will be the end of me.

• marvin

April 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM

huyu ni wewe.post another comment praising by the name kamau…..nkt

3. JACOB JUMA

March 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM

THAT IS JUST BUT A PRESIDENT OF TWO PROVINCES,CENTRAL AND RIFT VALLEY.JUSTICE WILL ONLY EXIST IN KENYA AFTER THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST

4. Pima

March 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM

At last you are sensed up, for the 1st time our commented like a true Kenya . A unifying figure. It’s a shame though you followed your biasness to the last 2 nd then u sobered up. Better late than never!

• Samuel N. Omwenga

March 31, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Pima,

I am very consistent in what I write you, like many are only agreeing with this column. I get that all the time, namely, comments like yours from people who finally agree with that what I say and consider that my “coming to my senses” when I am actually just writing as I always do they just happen to agree with it. Because I write a lot, that’s bound to happen a lot and it does.

5. Samuel N. Omwenga

March 31, 2013 at 4:18 AM

“Ng’oa nanga” I don’t know your level of education or level of English reading and comprehension but I never said anywhere in my post that I make six figures from my blog. To make it simpler for your comprehension, what I said is there are people who have left the practice of law to blog-full time and are making six figure income so everything you have said about this based on your lack of comprehension is simply payukering besides being idiotic.

As for your useless lecture about my writing; it’s simply that, useless.

By calling me an imbecile, you’ve confirmed your level of education and what type of person you’re; one incapable of engaging in intellectual discourse among other shortcomings.

• maryline

April 17, 2013 at 3:02 AM

stop talking dude your have reached a point where people just ignore you as pure nonsense.I dont think your have even attained a bachelors degree and if you did you lecturer has as kenyans say “amekuruka…….hakujui”

6. Anna Kanyanga

April 3, 2013 at 4:16 AM

I must say that “kizuri chajiuza kibaya chajitembeza”. Ng’oa nanga, your personalised comments have simply marketed the author. I have read his posts due to your negative angry reactions and trust me I think its only wise that you SHOULD NOT vent your hatred publicly. It is a sign of weakness (of character and reasoning among others). STICK TO ISSUES: not grammar and personal vendettas.

7. anonymous

April 6, 2013 at 7:45 AM

at That Ng’oananga dude!
    Woe unto you if Jesus was to come today!seriously?I believe anyone who supports IEBC or opposes Cord and her follwers for that matter is a thug!robbery with violence.
    But again dont worry!there is hope indeed remember that thug near Jesus who joined him in Paradise