RSS

21 Mar

Raila_Motorcade

A few days ago, I posted this blog and later came to find out Kimemia actually made the announcement banning political meetings during the period when Raila’s petition remains pending at the Supreme Court after he and Kimaiyo met with Raila. In other words, Raila had already in his wisdom and judgment agreed to suspend his then planned rallies as he has.

The Daily Nation is now reporting that Uhuru was in Eldoret today doing exactly what the National Security Advisory Committee (NSAC) banned just the other day and that’s holding a political meeting when the Cord petition remains pending at the Supreme Court.

How come? Why is Uhuru holding meetings in violation of the ban to total silence from the likes of Kimemia? Is this not evidence this is part of the scheme to maintain the bogus results announced by the obviously compromised IEBC that Uhuru won the presidency when he, in fact, did not?

If Kimemia has to maintain any semblance of credibility and objectivity most doubt he has, anyway, he must outright condemn and call Uhuru on this and more specifically, direct him to cease forthwith these shenanigans merely intended to propagate the false notion that he was elected president when we all know–including him, that he was not.

Previous blog:

In a Standard story titled Kenya’s Top Security Organ Warns Raila Against Holding Rallies,  it is reported that The National Security Advisory Committee (NSAC) has asked Raila to stop holding public rallies and has also upheld a ban on political meetings.

NSAC claims the public meetings were “unwarranted and could trigger animosity and violence.”

The committee, which is chaired by head of civil service Francis Kimemia met on Wednesday evening and declared they will not allow the meetings to continue as planned.

This is nonsense.

The PM and anyone else is within their fully protected constitutional right to hold any rallies consistent with the law, including the Chief Justice’s directive regarding not discussing the pending petition outside the courts.

Kimemia who thinks and acts as if he is the president of the republic and his henchmen are merely abusing state office in efforts to intimidate Raila to silence while they connive ways to install their illegally declared “winner” of the poll as president.

They are foolish if they think they can return us to the Moi era we have long rejected and left behind where freedom of speech was muzzled and abuse of state instruments to suppress or altogether suffocate democracy to death was paramount.

Those days are gone as these exposed and soon to be irrelevant, powerless characters will find out, if they haven’t already figured this or have and are acting ignorant of the fact.

Update:

Following my posting this blog, I learned that Raila, in fact, had already agreed to suspend rallies Cord was planning to hold pending resolution of his case at the Supreme Court after meeting with national security chiefs Kimemia merely announced what was already agreed to.

Advertisements

10 Comments

Posted by on March 21, 2013 in Politics

Tags: , , , , ,

10 responses to “Kimemia’s Efforts To Gag Raila and Cord While They Scheme To Maintain Bogus Results Must Be Rejected–An Update

1. ndungu mureu

March 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM

You are a waste of time and you seem to be living in your own world of ignorant and uninformed lost race. Kenya does not belong to you,Raila or cord and you cannot assume the role of a paramount chief. You should mind your own business out there!!! Reading your articles makes me want to spill my inside!!!

• Samuel N. Omwenga

March 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Truth can be bitter and people have been known to literally spill their inside so I am not surprised you would do the same thing after reading my articles. I suggest you learn to deal with the truth and please cease with this useless counsel for yours truly to mind his own business “out there;” out there where? Kwani you think I am not a Kenyan? And of what business is it yours to tell others what business they should mind? You’re right Kenya does not belong to me, Raila or Cord neither does it belong to you, Uhuru or Jubilee; it belongs to all Kenyans and I am proud to be a Kenyan who for years has done what he can and even paid dearly to make it a better country. Have you done the same thing?

2. Antony

March 22, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Lets maintaine peace

3. daniel_too

March 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Sometimes it takes a great deal of wisdom to know when to fight and when not to. Think about this a couple having an argument while the child is left on a bath tub filled with hot water, now which scenario would you consider prudent as a parent….to engage in the endless argument to prove who’se argument is stronger and hence convincing while the child gets scalded or to rescue the child and let the mechanisms of addressing the argument take their course…This is what our country finds itself in…Kenya is the child and the political players are the parents…the political players are also you and me as we exchange harsh or convincing arguments or point of views…and as truistic as this example might sound…I am sure 2007 memories are still fresh on our minds and that it takes a single match to light a fire that conflagates to consume everything that constitutes the toils and sacrifices of the innocent and guilty leaving pain and hatred in its path. I am told that it is easy to destroy than to build…I must then ask? why should we allow the nation to take the path of destruction /division or polarisation or even ethnic mobilisation while we have courts that can sort out our grievances real or imagined. if my tongue and the substance of my thoughts can cause hatred why must I insist on my constitutional rights to subvert the very order or constitution that protects my rights…I deeply wonder why we cannot fathom wrong, we cannot see the big picture and the finiteness of human existence….

4. As above so below

March 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Raila was right, the race was of TWO horses
    Apparently one horse was young & strong ,while the old, weak horse tried to keep up, it collapsed down on to the ground,, and now all we are seeing are the LAST kicks of a dying horse.
    However long it kicks after falling down is USELESS consolation

5. ZINDUKA

March 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

All those shouting themselves hoarse must realize that pride comes before a fall! Please let them also understand that the freedom of even writing their filth on this net was championed by one RAILA AMOLLO ODINGA who has no equals. Let’s wait 4 the supreme court to give directions, The Kimemias of this world will definitely have shit in their pants!! Their supporters will have their tails between their legs 4ever!!!

• daniel_too

March 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It is dishonest to attribute the quest for democracy to RAO. Personally I dont buy it, I don’t believe he fought for expansion of the democratic space but rather for raw power, otherwise explain to me the many defections if it never went his way. In any case we have never had Kimathi’s wife catalogue her sacrifices so spare us this disingenous and propagandist claims, He stood while the constitution was mutilated and only when it provided him with cheap political points did he exercise his activist tendencies, I’d rather have Matiba, Mutunga or Muite rather than those who wish to be worship because they purportedly stood for reforms…we don’t owe RAO anything for his pseudoquest for democracy in Kenya. I don’t see why I should take your claims seriously as I don’t see how Mr Safi kama pamba can associate himself with the likes of Henry Kosgey who loote and presided over the liquidation of kenya nation assurance limited.

6. Hoeys

March 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM

MY DEAR VOTE

My dear sweet lovely VOTE
    Oh! How sweet you are to me.
    How wise you are.
    Sweet, sweet VOTE you silently lie there in my wallet, quiet and motionless.

The politician’s ultimate fear, and joy.
    The kingmaker and political slayer.
    They come looking for you, with their choppers and well oiled
    political machines.
    They call each other names and trade accusations over you.
    Spending sleepless nights, throwing mud at each other.
    All this just to get a glimpse of you.

I feel now, how sweet you are and the POWER you carry.
    The power to make cry, or make smile.
    Look at them now smiling all the way to statehouse.
    You have made Men cry, tears of joy.
    You make triumph over all ugliness all powerful master of Democracy.

Your POWER resonates in the political circles.
    You make defeat and cause panic among them when they can’t find you.
    They retreat to form clusters to strategize against your elusive ways.
    Oh! How they wish they could take you away from my pocket.
    Oblivious of reality they challenge your POWER.

They have pointed fingers at institutions and individuals, whose only
    job is to handle you.
    Lest they get their way, you silently sit quietly in my Wallet.
    Waiting to unleash that power again, until they learn.
    Ready to place them in oblivion, where they belong.
    In the books of history, the self proclaimed reformers refuse to enter.

Oh! lovely vote, I will cherish you forever.
    I will hold on tightly to you.
    I will brave the long que’s and the scorching sun just for you.
    I will not let them take u way from me.
    My VOTE my life my future.

Signed;
    Mr Voter.

7. Tony

March 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

This Omwenga fellow is a fool,where does he come from?And he looks like a grandfather?Mzee learn an art and earn from it,not churning out crap.We are tired of your ilk.Whenever you write,we feel like we will throw.
    _____

Now; “Tony” you have said your nonsense but here is how you should have ended it:

To everyone else; please forgive me for saying this. It’s idiotic and doesn’t make sense even to me but I was somehow compelled to write it not sure why.

8. Hoeys

March 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM

OMWENGA OMWENGA OMWENGA
    PlEASE GET BACK YOUR LICENCE TO PRACTICE IMMIGRATION LAW IN VIGINIA STATE.I HAVE A FEELING YOU WILL NOT BE WORKING WITH RAILA’S GOVERNMENT, AT LEAST NOT IN THE NEXT 5YRS UNTIL I SAY SO.I AM THE RED VOTER.I HAVE TRAVERSED YOUR STATE FROM VIRGINIA BEACH TO RICHMOND,ROANOKE,I-64,I-81,I-85 TO GA,I-95 TO NJ TURNPIKE. HEHE!! BUT MOST OF ALL I STILL VOTED IN MY PREZZO.THE KIKUYU YOU HATE SO MUCH.
    I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT RAILA BUT NEVER YOU.
    SEE YOU IN 5 YRS,WE WILL DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
    ADEUS